He is fine. The doc said that his potassium levels were extremely low, so they gave him some immediately in the ER. We're all hoping this is the only thing that caused his light-headedness, dizziness, and being short of breath the past couple months, along with passing out at the physical therapist (for his trigger fingers). They're doing a few more tests the next couple weeks, but his heart is ok, and apparently his carotid arteries (which he's had issues with before) are ok too (although they will do another test on those in a few days). He's on prescription potassium for the rest of his life (another 91 years!). I never knew potassium deficiency could be so dangerous.
Anyway, as for the rest of the visit in Oregon, it was wonderful. My aunt and cousin's family from Massachusetts, and cousins from Colorado came to visit the same week, so we had a great family reunion! We spent the evenings jammin' on the guitar in the living room, and the days catching up, playing pool, and playing with baby Corrina.
Soon after I arrived, I took my mom and aunt Nani to the Oregon Coast where I used to work monitoring gray whales, and I was able to point out a couple to them while we were there. That was exciting for them :). And it was a beautiful day! The next day we went to the Woodburn Tulip Festival, which of course is beautiful every time.
I'm so happy I got to spend so much time in Oregon. After family left, I caught up with most of my friends in the area, and of course with my mom who wishes I could be around more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment