I've done my best to make our deck look
purdy, with cacti,
succulents, and hibiscus plants, but a couple of months ago I noticed hummingbirds flying around searching for food. I'm sure there are plenty of flowers around for them to pollinate, but I felt bad for them considering the heat is getting so bad down here... I have always wondered if my feeding them would really disable their migration patterns, but after much researching on the matter, I found that it wouldn't affect it. I hope this is true, because after I put a feeder out, they are around almost every minute of the day! Sometimes even 2 fight over it. I feel happy since it is so hot out, they must be using so much energy just to stay hydrated. And I noticed it's not always the same bird coming back to feed, there are several different species a day that come to the feeder. I love it because I can enjoy them from the comforts of my couch :).


No comments:
Post a Comment