So I've been thinking a lot lately about jobs and the fact that my unemployment is supposed to run out this month. I'm going to request an extension, which I should get, at least until summer. Then once summer hits, I'm going to need something. I have had no luck down here. The vet jobs seem to have both fallen through, although not completely. The first one decided they found someone with a little more small animal veterinary experience than me, although she did like me so much that she sent my resume to another vet (no word from them yet), and the other vet I was interested in are having money issues, and instead of hiring more people like the original plan was, they are going to be keeping who they have and may be laying off instead. The economy really is far down the toilet right now, and government jobs are pretty much out of question (where my field is).
Anyway, I will keep looking until summer, but I know I always have Reds Meadow to fall back on. For those of you that don't know what this place is, it's a resort in the California High Sierras my dad manages in the summer. They have a store, cafe, cabins, and take out horseback rides and pack trips into the back country. I take out the rides. It's a great place to be; it's my home away from home, and I will be there for sure if nothing else works out. I just love the area, and can't go a summer without at least visiting. I've practically grown up there. Below is Lake Ediza, in the high country of the Sierras, my favorite destination.
Horseback rides get in a lot of money too, so it's something I should do if nothing else, especially since I miss riding. Besides, it would be nice to get out of Arizona in their hottest months! Also, it would definitely help me along in my photography field. There is so much to photograph there. I would of course be back in Oregon in the beginning of August though, when my best friend is due for her first baby. I want to be there, and it will be a good time to visit family again. Then I'd be back in Chandler with Erik once the temperatures begin to drop.

1 comment:
I wish you luck in whatever comes your way. And Red's is pretty irresistable...... I want to go back someday soon. :)
Post a Comment