Friday, March 6, 2009

I heart animals

My grandma on my dad's side is in town, and yesterday we went to the Wildife World Zoo together, in Litchfield, AZ. This place opened just Dec. of '08, so its pretty new. I must say, I liked it better than the Phoenix Zoo, even though it's still hard for me to see animals in cages smaller than that should be in. You can click on the images themselves to make them bigger if you like.

My old friend, the gray kangaroo


Spider monkey


Red-tailed hawk

Meerkat

There's a first time for everything, right? This was my first time hand-feeding a giraffe, and I loved it. I think he liked it too ;)


Tapir, found in South American swamps. They're as large as a small cow!

I loved this little spider monkey. She posed for me so many times.

Now she's just showing off...

Ringtail lemur

Defassa waterbuck

1 comment:

A Dog's Life said...

Those are just great! Plump little zebra was cute. :)