We arrived around 2pm, and found a big spot right on the sandy beach of the lake. It was about 93 degrees with no shade, so probably about 100 in the sun, so we immediately set up a big shelter tent for us to sit under. The water of the lake was 66 degrees in the "cool" places, and about 70 in the warmer places, maybe even more. SO nice to swim in. The 5 of us that arrived early went for a swim after setting up camp, and when we reached the buoy out a ways from shore, our bishop, (we call him Bishop Kokkola, or Bishop) comes whizzing by on his beautiful boat and swings by to pick us up! From about 2pm to 6pm we were on the boat, wake-surfing. It was the first time I had ever wake-surfed, and I had a really hard time getting up at first! Took me about 5 times before I could stand up! But it was fun anyway, and just watching other people do it and take pictures of them was a blast for me.
Getting up for the first time...
A little freaked out!
Cole
Ryanne
Matt
Shot of the day: Matt as King Triton!
Rhett
We all biffed it, but this was the biff-it shot of the day: Rhett
Back flip
When it was time to go back in to greet the other groups getting in, Brother Spencer we call him (the 1st councilor next to Bishop) had dinner all made for us. It was SO good, especially after a day in the water when you get most hungry! Potatoes, onions, sweet potatoes, seasonings, chicken and brats all cooked in the dutch oven. Brother Spencer has the biggest heart than anyone I've ever met. He will do anything for us, including searing his arm hair from cooking over the hot stove all evening! He continued to cook for the people coming in throughout the evening, and eventually we started a fire. By this time about 32 people had arrived, and we also had a volleyball net set up and music so people could play.
Brother Spencer and Jake. I love them!
When it got dark we had a "Fireside" and Bishop gave a little talk, we had a prayer, and Bishop said at the end of the talk "Now isn't Holly doing a great job?" AH! Then everyone applauded for me for all the work I put in to the trip, and I mentioned all the people that helped me with it. SO nice. I just love all those people so much. Afterward I pulled out my guitar, and we sang some classical music, some Jack Johnson, some Norah Jones.... among others. Good times. We also played a game called "Mafia". Great game! Most of us were up talking and playing games till around 2am. I took some cool shots in the moonlight just playin' around.
Early the next morning (6:30am) I got up to the risin' sun and took some more pictures of the boat on the water when Bishop went back out with some people that didn't get to go the night before. We had pancakes for breakfast, and talked by the fire most of the morning. It was a nice day; lots of clouds in the sky so it didn't get too hot. I took a swim, and around 10am we packed up camp to head back to town since the boats were gone at 10, the most fun was done! Went home and slept for 2 hours :)
It was just such a great weekend. I love my ward, and the new adventures I get to have almost every weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment