Friday, July 23, 2010

Ok, really new job this time :)

I just got a job working at Park City Mountain Resort! This mountain town reminds me a lot of Mammoth Lakes, CA, my home-away-from-home. I will be working on the mountain helping the kids (and adults, but mainly kids) with the rock wall, zip-lining, and riding the lift up to where you can ride a toboggan type thing called the "alpine slide" down the mountain. Fun stuff. I'm going to be happy working outside, with kids, at least until mid-October when the season ends. I'll still be working part-time at the security company I'm at now, until mid-Augst when it's over.

Park City is about 30 miles from where I live, in the mountains, where the Sundance Film Festival occurs every spring. Pretty awesome place! I start next Tuesday.

UPDATE: I've been working there about 3 weeks now and it's such a blast! I'm outside all day, get to meet a lot of people, not to mention we get some pretty awesome thunder-and-lightning storms up on the mountain! One morning we had to close the alpine slide for about 3 hours because a MOOSE was standing near it. So great.