So let's see.... I recently got a new job working for AMP Security doing data entry for calls that come in from the reps. It's super easy, and yes, sounds boring, but it's full-time, which is something I really need right now. I put my two-weeks in at Inkley's Camera last week, and my last day is this coming Saturday. I made some great friends at Inkley's and will continue to see them and go there to print pictures and camera supplies!
I have had two "callings" now in my ward at the church. I am now the ward photographer, and one of two leaders of the Activities Committee! Both super fun, and we get to plan all these amazing events to do with our ward. I'm excited for this summer!
Chrissie and I have a new roommate, Lexy, who was my good friend before she moved in, whom I met through Jake and Jared. She rocks. I love her. This is us dressed as hippies for a Decades Night at the church.
Last weekend I went to the Holi Krishna Festival of Colors in Spanish Fork, UT. SO much fun. I went with my close friends Josh, Jake, Jared, Lexy, and our new friend Alanna. Nearly 20,000 people attended this event, and for those of you that don't know what it is, it's an Indian (as in the country India) celebration of spring coming. There is music, and food, and the most traditional part, colored chalk that is thrown in the air so everyone gets covered in color. I have a mixture of pictures in here taken by different people (I wasn't about to bring my nice camera to this event to get chalk dust in it--I took a little $3.50 disposable camera ;) ). Enjoy! (Oh, and check out this video of the countdown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH5xlZHNm20
Photos by Gordon Galbraith: The throwing of the colored chalk
Photo by Alanna Skrypek
Me after the throwing, with Jake in the background
Photo by Alanna Skrypek: Jared. ha!
group photos...

Lexy and me back at the house
No comments:
Post a Comment