Friday, October 9, 2009

Lately

So since I've been back in Oregon, I found out a lot of things. Although I missed living here and being here (especially in the Fall), I don't feel like I BELONG here right now. Where that place is, I don't know, but that is what I'm trying to find out. Yes, I have my family here, and my close friends, but there is a whole world out there that I could be exploring! Another thing is, Oregon's unemployment rate is 2nd highest in the nation, at 12%. So I think it's going to be pretty tough to find something here, especially in my field. At this point I could go with anything at all, and continue looking for things in my field, but so far I can't even get THAT.

I have been doing a lot of job searching in Utah. After being there and exploring the beautiful country, and visiting good friends that I haven't seen in YEARS, I came out feeling really good about the place. And although it seems far, it is still a day's drive away from my family in Oregon, if I need to get home for any reason. Obviously I have had no leads yet, it's only been a week, but I am planning a trip with my friends Bryce, Mariah and Jared to take a road trip the first week of November to Wyoming for a friend's wedding. Then we'll be going through Utah on the way back, where Bryce and I will stay and job search/visit friends. I'm hoping it works out, but I won't have a car to get myself around towns to search for jobs.... Anyone know of a good rental car company that is reasonably cheap, and will rent to people under 25 years old?

I am also in the process of building a website for my photographs. It is a little more difficult than I thought, as the more pictures I want to put up, the more my site will cost me per month. So I might have to wait on that till I at least have a job.

Oh, and if you are wondering what kinds of jobs I'm searching for, they are mainly environmental sciences, wildlife, biology technicians, resorts, and little things like bookstores, art shops, and gift shops. If anyone comes across anything they think I might like, please let me know, as anything would help right now!

1 comment:

A Dog's Life said...

I wish you the best of luck in the world - you deserve something great! I love the scenery in Utah. Move there and I can come visit. ☺
I'm still keeping my ears open for you for career leads.