Monday, February 16, 2009

Love-Day Weekend

Erik and I 'celebrated' Valentines Day yesterday since he had to work the day of. We spent the morning watching movies in our pjs and in the afternoon played tennis with a couple friends, Rushi and Emily. Afterward, Erik took me to a beautiful Cheesecake Factory for dinner, where we feasted on delicious pasta and, of course, white chocolate raspberry cheesecake, my favorite desert in the whole wide world! It was heaven in every bite. We had a most excellent date night.

The actual day of Valentines Day, I went hiking with a new friend, Alynda. She has the cutest, spunkiest Beagle named Charlie who joined us on the hike, and I had more fun taking pictures of him than our surroundings!

I also baked 24 red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting... my favorite cupcake ;). But why I made 24 I don't know, because now there are currently 15 cupcakes residing in our fridge. I had friends Emily and Ray over for some Scatagories, and luckily they were happy to take some cupcakes home with them. I don't know why, but every holiday, I'm in the mood to bake dozens of sweets, more than I can eat myself!

Today Erik and I went hiking up a mountain I haven't had the chance to hike yet near our apartments, and it was much fun. The weather was perfect. I didn't bring my camera with its zoom lense for once, so I told Erik that we were going to see wildlife since I did NOT have it with me. And of course, along the way we saw something amazing. What I believe were fallow deer! Something very rare to see, and my first time seeing them ever. They are not very common around here, and I never thought I would even see ANY deer around here because of how hot it gets here in the summer! But they (a buck and a doe) were on the side of the road, grazing on the grasses. Luckily, Erik had his little point-and-shoot camera, which turned out to be ok ;).

Fallow deer are native to the Mediterranean and SE China, but were brought over to North America long ago. They're the only deer I could make them out to be... Fallow deer are more known for their spots even as adults, but being winter, I've been told the spots are not as prominent.

The rest of our hike we only saw tiny lizards, so, 'tsall good. Nothing else along the way to feel guilty about not having my zoom lense. Just Erik being goofy and some amazing views from the top!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always do that with sweets - which makes me eat 1/2 the batch!