I have never gone this long without having a job; well at least since before I was legal to have a job, at 15. And instead of loving having all this free time, I am starting to go insane! I am the kind of person that likes to be busy, with new things happening every day, and of course a few hours of relaxation is nice ;). But I have gone since June without work. I must add that the first 3 months I was spending traveling and having fun... but as you know I moved down to Arizona to be with Erik in October, with no prior plans of a job down here. But with the luck I used to have finding jobs in the past, I figured everything would be fine; I was bound to get something! But I have actively been searching for 4 straight months and: nothing.
I graduated with a Wildlife degree, and there is not much down here in the midst of that... and I knew that coming down here. I just figured something would turn up by now. I have applied to a few wildlife jobs, but nothing really stands out, and no one is actually hiring. I have sorta become desperate and have applied to bookstores, and veterinary hospitals (10 total today). I'm sticking with places that are appealing to me, in this area, but everything else is sales! Big corporate businesses that I could never see myself working in. With the economy the way it is, there are few businesses actually hiring; most are laying off. Intel (where Erik works) will be laying off a lot of people in a couple weeks. I don't think he'll have a problem though since he is so new and fresh, and they'd rather get rid of the old. And he's a good worker.
Anyway, I am just writing this in hope that since I've kept it secret for so long that I'm FAILING AT LIFE (just kidding)... that maybe a door will be open tomorrow or the next day for me. You never know.
No comments:
Post a Comment