Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I have a lead!

Well I think that last entry paid off, cuz last Wednesday I got a call for an interview at a veterinary hospital just 4 major blocks away. I went in for the interview on Thursday, and the doctor there is super nice. I felt like the interview went really well, but it's a small animal vet, and I have no small animal veterinary experience on my resume. AND she interviewed 2 other people as well, who may or may not have small animal vet experience. The open position is a veterinary technician and receptionist. She wants someone that can do both. Anyway, I figured my chances of getting the job, or at least a second interview, were slim because of the lack of experience, but she also said she does enjoy teaching the tasks needed, so the experience isn't all that needed. She was really looking more at the personality. Plus, I did pre-vet stuff my first 2 years of college, so that helps a lot.

So after the weekend, I got a call and she wants to see me for a second interview this Thursday (the 29th). I thought that was pretty cool! I'll be there all day, in my scrubs, assisting with surgeries and other tasks around the hospital, meeting all the employees and having them all get to know me. I'm so excited and thankful that I finally have a LEAD!

No comments: