Saturday, September 3, 2011

Just thinking...

I realized today on my hike with Bella that I really miss having my own place. Of course I had roommates, but I had all my own furniture and everything I needed; I was set! I thought to myself, should I have sold my entire life at that garage sale in 2008 to move to Arizona? What would my life be like if I hadn't? Then I realized... it would be completely different. I probably wouldn't have moved out here to Utah (after realizing my life in Arizona wasn't the life I had set out for), and therefore wouldn't have been blessed with such great people in my life. Yes, there are people I meet in every place I go that are amazing and are true blessings. But I am so so happy for the people I have met here, and for the relationships I have built up with them. They have helped shape into the person I am today and I can't imagine my life without them.

Tomorrow I'm giving a lesson in the Relief Society at church. This is something I never would have thought I would be doing just 2 years ago. Giving a LESSON in CHURCH?! No way. But now all that is a part of my life, and I am so happy. I wouldn't be doing something that big if it wasn't for the people I have met and the decision I have made out here in Utah to join the church. I do miss having my own furniture; it makes searching for a new place (when the time comes) much easier when I can just move into a place and find my own roommates, rather than finding a place that 1) allows dogs, 2) has a fenced yard, 3) has mature, humble girls that are tidy and fun to hang out with, 4) is furnished... etc. But I realized, I would be missing much more in life than just a bed, couch and dining room table.

No comments: