I decided to change the name of my blog, in case you had not noticed. Prior to the "Traveling Feather" it was Hug a Cactus. Which I thought was cute, but it was so named when I lived in Arizona... and I don't live there anymore, nor do I plan on living there again, so, ergo, the Traveling Feather works for me! If you know me at all, you know that I like to move around a lot. I can't help it. After a year I just get antsy and want to go to the next cool place. All my old blog entries are still here, starting when I lived in Arizona in 2009. I really like this quote I found online:
dear feather...
Yesterday i thought it sad that you were captured by the wind, torn from the body of the bird from which you came. Today i think maybe it was a blessing in disguise. You seem alive only in that wind; without it you'd lie lifeless on the ground. It is the stream on which you sail. Yesterday i found you curled round that little yellow flower. And today, who knows? Maybe you're resting on the bark of an old twisted tree. And tomorrow, maybe you'll adorn the headdress of a child pretending to be an indian warrior. Maybe one day someone will find you and turn you into a pillow to bring comfort to their weary head? Unite you with a whole case of feathers again. Until then you are free to dance upon the breeze, be carried by a force outside yourself, given momentum by an invisible torrent of air . . . I wish you well little feather. Submit and ride with Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment