Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 Recap!

I enjoy doing a recap of my year at the beginning of each new year, and it's CRAZY to look back on 2010 and see all the changes that happened over the course of that time! I started it living in Provo, and working at a camera shop called Inkley's which, honestly, I hated. I told myself I will never work in sales again. I was investigating the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and by February I was baptized into the church. I have never felt more comfortable and happy in a particular religion, and I know it's where I belong. Along with the church, the people I have met along the way have been the most amazing friends and teachers, and I know they are friends I will keep the rest of my life.

Throughout the year I enjoyed exploring the canyons around where I lived, hiking and snow shoeing, and I got the chances to explore southern Utah and the Uinta Mountains, both very beautiful places with so much to offer as far as outdoor adventures go. I went climbing outdoors for the first time really enjoying it and for the most part knowing what I was doing, and even climbed a 50ft 5.9, which is pretty good for a beginner ;). I bought a guitar in April, and have been getting more and more into that, and sang in front of my family for the first time Christmas Eve.



This year was tough not being able to work in the Sierras with horses, but I still got my mountain job fix when I took a job in Park City at the Mountain Resort. That was fun, but only lasted a month before the season ended. I got a lot of photography gigs in 2010, and hopefully it will help me obtain some 2011 gigs!!

In September I obtained a new job *in my field* in Farmington, an hour north of where I was living in Provo, so I decided it was time to move closer to the job, and get a chance to make some new friends (although I visit Provo often to see my friends there). I will be there for a full year, directing field trips to kids in the fall and spring, and assisting visitors in the winter and summer seasons with any questions. It's a great place to work, with so much to see and a lot to offer for the photographer! I have a cute house in Bountiful, mid-way between my job and the city, and a new pup named Bella who is my little companion. I have been enjoying my new ward, making good friends and... dating when the chances comes along.


I'm so excited for 2011. I'm not sure why, but I just have a feeling it will be the best year yet! Happy New Year!!!

No comments: