Friday, June 4, 2010

Oregon Trip

So sorry, it's been a while since my last post.... Just been so busy!!

Last month I took a trip to Oregon to visit the fam. I took a road trip out there by myself and driving in to Oregon from Idaho is such a great site!! Everything is so lush and green right now. First thing I had to do was stop at Multnomah Falls and take a couple shots. I love that waterfall.



I spent the weekend with my family, and throughout the week I visited with friends in Eugene, and Salem. I also took a day-trip to Newport to enjoy the ocean weather. It was a beautiful day. The drive over I spotted literally thousands of Canada Geese migrating through Oregon, grazing in the fields. I visited with my old roommate Cameron at the big beach house I used to live in with a view of the sea and Yaquina Head Lighthouse. We went tide pooling, and Cameron made this huge awesome seafood meal, with fried oysters, clams, shrimp, and much more! Amazing! While we ate we watched gray whales traveling North from the living room/dining room window. Good day.







Sometime the week my friend Danika asked me if I would be able to take her family pictures at the Woodburn Tulip Festival for her. She is a photographer herself, and I knew this would be a great opportunity for me to practice on PEOPLE! I have taken portraits before, but not of families. It's hard posing families. Can be awkward to tell the husband to at least LOOK like he loves his wife.... haha. Just kidding.... But not really.... Anyway, it was easy because Danika knew how to pose her family nicely (although they didn't need much help at all, they are naturals! Especially their son Asher, who, I must add, is the CUTEST LITTLE BUNDLE OF JOY ON THE PLANET!!



My little stepbrother's Prom was that week as well.... Congrats on graduating Tabor!!!

Other than that, it was a great week. Hung around the grandparents' place a lot, they always love my company... And of course lots of outings with my mom! I heart Oregon :)

If you'd like to see more pictures from this trip (better ones at that) check out my photography blog at http://www.hollandbanksphotography.blogspot.com/.

No comments: