It was an amazing experience, and I have been so happy and grateful, and have had a warm feeling of the Spirit with me ever since. I know that's weird to a lot of people reading this that I went from an agnostic hippie to a church girl (with a little hippie still in me of course ;) ) but it's real and I love it. So a little about the baptism:
About 50-60 people attended, all people that are very close to me, and people I have just met in my ward who are amazing. There was so much love in the room, I have never felt so blessed. My good friend Ammon gave an incredible talk, and Caradon, Lindsay and Samantha, my 3 sistas from when I was really young, sang the most beautiful song, called "Olive Tree".
The actual baptism itself was so surreal. I felt like I was in another world as I was stepping in the font (it's like a small pool), where Bryce, my long-time friend of 11 years, baptized me. It felt as though the world had stopped during that 2 minutes that I was in the font. Latter-day Saints are completely immersed when baptized, so Bryce dunked me backwards after saying a prayer, and when I came out of the water I felt light as a feather. A lot of people cried. Everyone in the room felt the Spirit. A lot of people came to me after, even still today, to tell me I changed their life, and that night makes them want to be a better person. I am so happy to have touched so many hearts that moment.
Afterward about 20 of us went out for pizza and had a bonfire on Utah Lake till 1 in the morning. But something that made this day most special, other than the fact that I was baptized, was that my mom came. It was so great to have her there next to me, and everyone thought she was just the sweetest person. She even came out to the bonfire with my friends and me! She loved every minute of the weekend, and is so so happy she was able to come out and see the baptism, meet my amazing friends, and to see where I live so she feels less bad about me NOT living in Oregon.
I am so thankful for everyone that came, and for people that couldn't come that have been so supportive. I have come so far, and am happier now than I have ever been. Now every day I strive to be a better person, and to do something great for at least one person a day. I feel so pure and clean now that all my sins are washed away! I have to keep it up of course, though ;).
No comments:
Post a Comment