Sunday, August 23, 2009

What Happens Next

Well this blog title may turn into "Hug a Tree" because... I'm moving back to Oregon. Or somewhere near or around Oregon where I can find myself a decent job. When I turned 24 this summer, I had the mountains to really clear my head, and realized I'm not moving in the path I should be moving in being in Phoenix. Being unemployed for a year, along with many other things I won't get into on here, made me decide it's time. To make it short, Erik and I agreed it would be best for me to move on, do something for myself and give ourselves a chance to date other people. It will be tough, but I'm ready and excited to see where I will end up next in life. Erik and I are still great friends. After being together as long as we have I think we better be!

So here is my plan:
End of this month I'm flying back to Phoenix, where I will stay about a week to hang out with my friends down there, and to do something fun with Erik before I leave. I'll pack up my car and drive up North, through Utah where I will be visiting a ton of friends I have up there that I have never been able to make it out to see. It will be the first time I will see Utah. Then my plan is to drive East from there back to the Sierras where I just came from, to go on the Fall Horse Drive, were we herd the horses and mules 45 miles from Mammoth to Bishop, CA. That's not till the end of the month of September, so I have a lot of time to burn in Utah. Maybe see some National Parks, maybe go to CA early, we'll see. Then I'll be back in Oregon by the 1st of October. That's over 2000 miles of road tripping by myself! It will be long, but good for me. If I decide to make the trip shorter, I will just not do the horse drive and move along North through Idaho and into Eastern Oregon.

So that is what's new in my life. Well for the next month ;). Who knows where this feather will blow next.

No comments: