We beat the heat this weekend and traveled on north to Sedona to go camping and hiking. It was sooooo nice up there, with high temperatures in the lower 80's! We found this amazing primitive campsite tucked in the trees near a creek where the 3 dogs could play, about 5 miles from town. There were 9 of us total, and we had a blast!


While Robyn, Erik and I went hiking the following day, Adrian, Alynda, Jimmy and Nathan went mountain biking. We spotted so many color variations of prickly pear flowers, and century plant flowers. There were tons of longhorn beetles paired up in the yucca... must be mating season!


Prickly Pear




Century Plant



I love Sedona. It's so much more vibrant than Phoenix, but of course more expensive. The houses, buildings and pavement there are all shades of red to match their surroundings. It's a quaint little hippie town, with lots of art shops, cafes, and ...psychics?


It was a great weekend, but Erik and I got home exhausted and a bit sunburnt. All worth it though!
No comments:
Post a Comment