Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving!

I just spent the last week and a half all over the place... Let's see... Started out in Tucson, AZ for the OSU/UofA game, where the Beavers ROCKED IT!

Then had FriendsGiving at a friends house where I got to meet a lot more people our age from the area (Intel people and their girlfriends/wives). Then Erik and I flew into Oregon on the 24th. I had a great time catching up with the fam and friends, and cooking most of the Thanksgiving meals (Tom did the smoked turkey and desert (pumpkin crembule), and I did the rest: mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans w/almonds, etc.) We had my grandparents over, who haven't had Thanksgiving in Oregon since the early 90's! It was perfect. As you can see my Gpa, "Bumper", loved the turkey!

That weekend Erik and I went to Newport, OR to camp in a yurt (see image below) and go crabbing with 6 other friends from Corvallis. We had a blast, although we had the worst luck ever that weekend! The Beavers LOST the Civil War game horribly (if they had won we would have had a big chance at the Rose Bowl), the girls lost all our money at the casino, the racoons ate our apple pie (yes, Kevin did leave it out on the porch while we were gone), and after 5 hours of crabbing, the guys only caught ONE CRAB! Pretty lame. But the weather was beautiful and the company was great.


After getting back in Salem, my Uncle Mike and I helped my grandparents get organized in their NEW HOME. For those of you family members reading this, I will be sure and take pictures of it for you when it's all finished (when I go back for Christmas). It is SO much nicer than their other place. This is more of a house than an apartment; it has a large living room, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a FULL KITCHEN which of course Bumper LOVES, a gas fireplace, and get a load of the backyard: a duck pond with a waterfall in view of their living room window, with 2 swans that hang out there almost every day. It's wonderful. They are both so much happier.
So that was the end of a great week. Now Erik and I are back in Arizona, with him working and me getting back to figuring out things to do around here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha bumper looks classic! i hope you had a nice thanksgiving with them.

Anonymous said...

yurt!!! i've stayed in those before. your turkey looked perfect! i miss you hollybanks! p.s. trevor and i aren't because we are too good of friends, like bro and sis, ya know? ;)