http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/audio/Great-tailed_Grackle.html
This is what the crazy dude looks like:
He's actually quite entertaining. For those of you that can't listen to the link, they really make some unpleasant noises: mechanical rattles, sliding tinny whistles, harsh rustling sounds, and sharp hard notes.
I think it's called a great-tailed grackle, if my birding abilities are ok...
This brings me to my interest in possibly getting into birds since there is a small number of mammal species in the desert... And they have some crazy-cool birds down here! I haven't found any bird/habitat jobs yet... but I also haven't looked too hard. (So far I just have applied for a fish position, and a vet tech, but both are super competitive.) I also want to get out there and take more pictures of stuff, and birds are fun to shoot. So you'll probably be seeing more on this site as they come. Especially ones you won't be seeing near where you live...
No comments:
Post a Comment